Grab Life By the Balls
Oh, you don’t have a full-size Dodgeball court to play on? Too bad! Fortunately, we do and Tuesday night is officially GAME FACE night. This is your opportunity to grab life by the balls and throw balls at anyone you damn well choose.
Remember: 1) Dodge 2) Duck 3) Dip 4) Dive 5) Dodge
Choose Your Tournament
Arrive & Play Price: from £6.50pp for 1 hour
This is a great team building activity and you can hire exclusive use of the park for your event.
We’re a friendly bunch, call us on 01603 567200 to get involved.
GIVE IT A GO!
Dodgeball is a brilliantly active and fun game in which players on two opposing teams lob balls at each other while trying to avoid being hit themselves.
There are many variations of the game, but generally the main objective of each team is to eliminate all members of the opposing team by hitting them with thrown balls, catching a ball thrown by a member of the opposing team, or forcing them to move outside the court boundaries when a ball is thrown at them.
It is best played in an organised recreational league with your friends or work colleagues, or if you’re ready to mingle, come solo and join a team on arrival. We’ve taken Dodgeball up another level by playing it on TRAMPOLINES. Trust us, this is the most fun you can have playing a sport while getting an overall body work out, plus you get to hang out with people you like, or throw balls at those you don’t. Its a WIN/WIN situation and one of the best things to do in Norwich with your friends!
1. Stay behind and let your teammates get the balls unless you’re really fast. If nobody on your team is fast, then let the other team get the balls and just stay back and try to dodge and catch. If you and your team do get them, then roll the extras back to your side so the enemy won’t get them.
2. Once you get a ball, hold on to it until the other team’s best players have thrown theirs, then go up and throw it at some of the people who are not as good. Get the average throwers out first so there are fewer distractions. If you are a bad thrower, just catch them as they get thrown at you.
3. While getting ready to throw, stay crouched low to the ground and start to bounce towards the line that divides the two sides. This will help you gain power for the throw. If they throw a ball at you while going towards the middle line, crouching and bouncing up to the line will help you dodge it because you are ready to move quickly and you will be a smaller target. This will make it harder for them to hit your body and when they throw it, it will be towards your head and therefore easier to dodge. Instead of moving your whole body you will just have to move your head.
Remember: in some games of dodgeball, throwing at the head doesn’t count!
More Dodgeball Rules
4. To catch a ball, let it come to you, don’t go to it. Let it come to your chest and when it is about two feet from you start to bring your hands up to catch it. By the time it hits your chest your hands should be there to make sure that it has nowhere else to go. This should make sure that you catch it.
5. Always be ready to jump, as the opposition will most likely go for your feet. TRY TO STAY ON YOUR FEET. As cool as it may look being taken out dramatically by an incoming dodgeball, if you fall down it leaves you a sitting duck for attacks.
6. Practice jumping, throwing, and moving. This is essential to becoming a good dodgeball player. You need to be agile and quick on your feet.
7. Think of the game as war. Pretend that you are fighting for your life and you are facing your greatest rival. If you’re a little competitive, this won’t be hard to imagine!
8. Don’t move if someone throws a ball at you! Sometimes, it will miss and you can catch it. The oldest trick in the book is to deliberately throw it a little far off from the target, hoping that the person will go in that direction. Just wait for the ball to come to you, then pick it up and throw it back and your competition!