Jump Towards Better Health: 3 Big Benefits of Trampolining
You probably already know that trampolining isn’t just a super fun activity – it’s also really good for our health in more ways than one.
In fact, there are so many ways that trampolining can improve a person’s health. But for this blog, we wanted to tell you about what we consider to be the 3 best health benefits trampolining can provide.
So if you want to keep the whole family healthy and provide them with hours of enriching fun, jumping for health is definitely a cause to get behind.
Cardiovascular Advantages of Trampoline Exercise
Cardio is the bane of many people’s existence, but we all know that having great cardiovascular health is important, and trampolining does wonders for your cardio. Whatever your age, heart-healthy trampolining should be part of your cardio workout.
The repeated action of bouncing up and down strengthens the heart and its muscles and will also allow you to pump blood throughout your body more easily.
This is why trampolining has been known to lower resting heart rate and cholesterol levels. Also, if you’re trying to burn calories, trampolining can be even more effective than running. In short, trampolining is good for your heart which keeps your cardio in check.
Full Body Fitness Through Trampolining
Trampolining is a full-body workout.
Unlike some of the most popular exercises, you can engage nearly all of your muscles with trampolining, rather than targeting an individual muscle group.
To physically be able to bounce on a trampoline, a bunch of our muscle groups need to work simultaneously. Think about the last time you bounced on a trampoline, remember how practically your whole body was moving and contributing to every bounce.
What muscle groups does trampolining target?
- Trampolining engages your core muscles, such as abs
- Your leg muscle are responsible for the jumping
- To keep you balanced your upper body muscles are also targeted
Full body fitness through trampolining is also a good idea for you if you’re searching for a lower-impact exercise to protect your joints like your knees to lower the risk of serious injury caused by high-impact exercises.
Trampolining’s Positive Impact on Mental State
When we exercise, our body feels good, which helps our mind to feel good also. Looking after your mental health is so important and should never be overlooked, which is exactly why we love to tell people how great trampolining is for mental health.
It’s not an opinion, it’s a scientific fact – let me explain:
- Trampolining releases endorphins – this positive hormone is released when we exercise, so when we’re trampolining, endorphins are released into our brain and create a sense of well-being for us, which helps to lift moods and release stress. There’s a reason why stress relief with trampolining is so effective.
- Serotonin is also released – another mood-enhancing hormone, serotonin, is also released when we partake in some trampolining shenanigans. Serotonin is wonderful as it helps to regulate moods, by reducing anxiety and battling negative feelings.
- Feel the adrenaline – a few things cause this feel-good natural high, such things as skydiving, swimming with sharks or even watching a spooky movie! Trampolining also does this and it feels pretty sweet.
- Don’t forget about dopamine – lastly, jumping on a trampoline releases dopamine. You probably know this as the chemical that makes us more cheerful. It also helps to aid learning, which is why trampolining for kids is so important.
As well as all of these scientific findings, trampolining is simply a fun activity which can instantly put a smile on someone’s face.
Let’s also not forget about the social aspect – at a trampoline park, kids, teens and parents can interact with people similar to them, which can do wonders for mental health.
One Last Thing
Whatever age you are, you can benefit from the many different fitness benefits of trampolining.
Jumping for health as well as enjoyment is such a great idea, especially for children, so come on everyone, let’s roll up our sleeves and get bouncing!
Visit our Norwich trampoline park today and reap the rewards of some flippin’ fun exercise.